Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March Pretty Palettes :: Belle Epoch Set

It's the Halcraft Pretty Palettes challenge time again! Erin Prais-Hintz of went above and beyond this time with THREE different color choices in some of my favorites: royal blue, red & a peacock green. The inspiration images were another treat: images of women in dresses that were taken underwater that create a magical, flowing sensibility. They're truly amazing.

I chose to work with the royal blue colors and this dress:


Erin chose some gorgeous Bead Gallery beads to work with, but because it's spring and I'm enjoying the warmer weather, flowers and green grass so much, my initial intention was to do something summery and casual, maybe even sporty, so I bought some plain blue glass rounds.

After some consideration (as well as a bit of ooohing and aaahing over this image) I realized this image just didn't flow that way. There is a decadence to this image that my planned cotton cording components just didn't work with.

I searched through my stash and found that I had a few sparkly blue faceted rounds in my stash as well as some fabulously princess-y pearl, rhinestone and gold sliders. Perfect!

It was time to make some bangles and a long necklace. My Belle Epoch set would be perfect to dress up blue jeans or wear with a little black dress. You choose!

 Would you like to play along with Erin and the rest of the Halcraft team? Take a look at these great posts and add yours when you're finished! 

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous, saturated blue! I like that you brought a bit of glam to the everyday with this set. I think you should feel like a starlet everyday! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I loved this blue, too. Lately I want to make everything with BLUE! Maybe the Pantone color of the year is really sinking in, though it's a really different sort of relaxed blue than this one. Thanks for another great Pretty Palettes!

      Delete
  2. Love them! I especially like how you wrapped the sliders into bangles, great idea! Love the slight asymmetrical design of the necklace as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, I think the sliders really make the bracelets pop, too! They're a little more finicky to work with than plain beads, but they're definitely worth the extra wire wrangling. I've been making a bunch of these long necklaces lately, and I think making them (like you said) "slightly asymmetrical" works to give them a more casual twist.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! You really know how to rock a tassel necklace! I like the bangle bracelets, too. Those groups of three round beads really work well. I am also a fan of that color blue. (I just bought a pair of shoes that exact shade!)

    ReplyDelete